Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1 CTE News

1st Day!

I was never much of an athlete (not for lack of effort) but I am able to imagine the excitement that athletes have on their opening day! The chance to start something new. A new page for which to start a new chapter in life. There's nothing like getting a second chance.

As I type, I think back to my first day in the classroom and think about how I was given the awesome responsibility to shape the lives of young people. I still have that same anxiety today. Granted its different now, but I still have many things that occupy my mind.

I realize that there are issues surrounding the new year, but when does a year ever not have some clouds looming?

I don't worry about what might happen, but focus instead on what could happen. Let's work together to grow programs, make connections to our communities as well as make resolutions to grow, if only just one way.

Here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment